On June 22, WCGA was proud to join with other women’s golf organizations in the area to co-host the Women’s Golf Month Reception. This annual event attracts nearly 300 women who come to network, shop, and learn about mentoring opportunities for the Girls Golf program. The keynote, Kathryn Carson, Chief Legal Officer for the United States Golf Association, shared insights into the future of the sport but also provided a personal story of how golf helped her with overcome a career setback and come out ahead.
The all-volunteer WCGA Board is working overtime to post our schedule of upcoming events. WCGA members for the 2016 season just received their first email with some great activities starting with the beginner classes, the 3rd Annual PGA Get Golf Ready reception, and our first “dust off your clubs” outing to Lake Presidential. This is just a sampling of the events that we’ll be offering this season. Join WCGA now to take advantage of these golfing opportunities.
Join for the 2016 WCGA season for only $25 and get these benefits:
• Access to Spring and Fall Leagues;
• Invite to free annual Hill lunch and PGA evening reception;
• Opportunity to take small-group, all-women’s clinics for all skill-levels, including six week beginner class;
• Discounts to DCGolf events;
• Invites to private golf events and courses;
• Ability to get official USGA handicap; and
• Opportunity to network with other women Hill staff and women in government relations.
Please pass along the WCGA website to friends, co-workers and others and encourage them to join WCGA and save the date for our kick-off lunch. Open to new and interested members, the 2016 WCGA Kick-off lunch will be Monday, April 11th at Noon in Cannon Caucus Room.
If you have suggestions for events you want to see WCGA host, please let us know. As the 2016 season gets underway, I hope to see you out on the course soon! Thank you for being part of WCGA.